- Be an eligible “qualified low-income househould”
- Go to www.internetessentials.com or call 855-846-8376 for English or call 855-765-6995 for Spanish
- All new customers will receive a “free self-install kit” with no shipping fee
- Be a household with a student enrolled in a K-12 school or college
- Call 844-488-8395
- Installation fees will be waived for eligible households
How to Conduct eLearning from Home
Week 1: Wednesday, March 18th & Friday, March 20th
Week 2: Monday, March 30th, Wednesday, April 1st, & Friday, April 3rd
Week 3: Monday, April 6th & Wednesday, April 8th
Week 4: Monday, April 13th through Friday, April 17th*
Week 5: Monday, April 20th through Friday, April 24th*
Week 6: Monday, April 27th through Friday, May 1st*
Week 7: Monday, May 4th through Friday, May 8th*
Week 8: Monday, May 11th through Friday, May 15th*
Week 9: Monday, May 18th through Friday, May 22nd*(last day of school)
Assignments will be posted by 9AM on distance learning days. Teachers will have office hours via email every day from 10AM to 2PM. If students or parents have any questions about distance learning activities, they should email their teacher(s). Counselors will also have office hours from 10AM to 2PM each eLearning day, and are available to provide support for individual students via live online meetings.
*Starting Monday, April 13th, eLearning will take place 4 days per week, Monday through Thursday. Fridays will be academic assistance days for students who need extra help or individual support from their teacher(s). Students are required to log into Canvas each distance learning day, Monday through Friday, and must click on their School Attendance course by 10PM to be counted for attendance. If a student is ill on an eLearning day, or has technology or other issues and cannot login, please email your child’s teacher(s).
The middle and high school level will switch to block days starting Monday, April 13th. This should bring down the workload for students each day, and allow for more small group and individual communication and support from teachers. The weekly schedule will be as follows:
Mondays and Wednesdays
- Grades 6-12: Periods 1, 2, 3, & 4
- Grade 5: ELA and Social Studies
Tuesday and Thursdays
- Grades 6-12: Periods 5, 6, 7 & 8 (PtE if HS needs to use it)
- For Grade 5: Math, Science & Specials
A district FAQ for parents and students has been created. It can be found through the following link: Lake Central Student/Parent eLearning Guidance
The website for Lake Central Canvas is: https://lakecentral.instructure.com/ Student logins for Canvas are as follows:
- Student Username is their Lake Central student gmail.
- If you or your child are uncertain what their student gmail is, you can look it up in Skyward Family Access.
- It can be found on the Student Information tab right by their picture, and is followed by @lcstudents.com.
- Student Password is their first name initial, last name initial, and student ID number.
- Initials must be capitalized–ex: John Smith would be JS1234567
Once logged into Canvas, students can find their assignments by clicking on either the Calendar button located in blue on the far left, or in their individual courses by clicking on Assignments. At the middle and high school level, items may be posted in Modules as well. If you cannot find the assignment for the day, please email your teacher. There are resources and useful materials in the other buttons on the teacher’s home page.
The videos below show how to access and navigate an elementary student Canvas account. The home page for middle and high school students may look slightly different, but the overview is essentially the same. Most middle and high school students should be familiar with Canvas already.
How to access Canvas
Submitting an assignment in Canvas