- Be an eligible “qualified low-income househould”
- Go to www.internetessentials.com or call 855-846-8376 for English or call 855-765-6995 for Spanish
- All new customers will receive a “free self-install kit” with no shipping fee
- Be a household with a student enrolled in a K-12 school or college
- Call 844-488-8395
- Installation fees will be waived for eligible households
How to Conduct eLearning from Home
Week 1: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 & Friday, March 20, 2020
Week 2: Monday, March 30, 2020, Wednesday, April 1, 2020, & Friday, April 3, 2020.
Week 3: Monday, April 6, 2020 & Wednesday, April 8, 2020.
Assignments will be posted by 9AM on distance learning days. Teachers and Counselors will have office hours via email on distance learning days from 10AM to 2PM. If students or parents have any questions about distance learning activities, they should email their teacher(s).
Students are required to log into Canvas each distance learning day at any point during that day to be counted for attendance. If for any reason a student cannot login, they or their parent need to email the teacher(s).
The website for Lake Central Canvas is: https://lakecentral.instructure.com/
Student logins for Canvas are as follows:
- Student Username is their Lake Central student gmail.
- If you or your child are uncertain what their student gmail is, you can look it up in Skyward Family Access.
- It can be found on the Student Information tab right by their picture, and is followed by @lcstudents.com.
- Student Password is their first name initial, last name initial, and student ID number.
- Initials must be capitalized–ex: John Smith would be JS1234567
Once logged into Canvas, students can find their assignments by clicking on either the Calendar button located on the far left hand side, or on Assignments. At the middle and high school level, items may be posted in Modules as well. If you cannot find the assignment for the day, please email your teacher. There are other resources and useful material in the other buttons on the teacher’s home page.
The videos below show how to access and navigate an elementary student Canvas account. The home page for middle and high school students may look slightly different, but the overview is essentially the same. Most middle and high school students should be familiar with Canvas already.
**Note, not all teachers are requiring students to submit assignments in Canvas. Check your child’s Canvas calendar for more details.
How to access Canvas
Submitting an assignment in Canvas